simply me

simply me

About Me

My photo
Karachi, Pakistan
"Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes." ~Clare Boothe Luce

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Time- a blind blanket

Following others; I would be bidding bye bye to the year 2009 and welcoming 2010.

But why do that? I ask myself. Neither time is dependent on my ‘bye byes’ to go away nor is it desperate for my warm welcome. Its there because it has to be there; and shall go away when it has to. Delivering such hollow greetings does not get me in command. I am a slave to time, we all are- thus there’s no use in denying it or wearing a mask of being friends with it. Time is neither friends nor foe with anyone. It’s like that blind blanket…of opportunities, threats, risks, luck and curses which has to cover each one of us- and THAT’S REAILTY.

Reality never waits for your approval; and it doesn’t care about your denial. Each living being is its victim- and time is the biggest reality with its pockets full of honey and poison. You have to taste it all; whether you welcome it or you don’t.

I have a tornado of memories encircling my sanity- happy, sad, bitter, sweet, boring and fun all combined. I want to absorb them once more today and be ready for the new ones coming my way in my blind blanket of 2010.