simply me

simply me

About Me

My photo
Karachi, Pakistan
"Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes." ~Clare Boothe Luce

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Curiosity

I have been a muslim since birth and shall be till death. Islam was destined for me; like it was for millions living round the globe. But the question in my mind is whether we celebrate it with each breath? Whether we safeguard it each day? Do we live Islam or have we kept it locked in our safes?

Are we the failing followers who are not able to bring the true picture to the exhibition? or the struggling believers surrounded with countless conspiracies and innumerable blames? In the current International scenario; what are we? A Predator or a prey? These seemingly simple words have a complex set of reasons, facts, situations and plannings diffused into each other- this makes it highly impossible for a normal individual like me to reach to a conclusion. Perhaps I don't even plan to reach to any conclusion; I'm working to understand this process of the world that has brought my religion to a state which is surely not enjoyable. Who's to be blamed? The religion v/s religion battle? The very notion of 'survival of the fittest'? Fundamentalism? Blames of fundamentalism? The will to attack? The will to defend? Greed to rule to world or the zeal to accept no power? Or does it get down to the simplest need of living the life?

Maybe the right answer is an amalgamation of all of the above stated points...maybe its a completely new page that my mind is ignoring in ignorance. I am just curious to find out...

No comments: