simply me

simply me

About Me

My photo
Karachi, Pakistan
"Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes." ~Clare Boothe Luce

Sunday, November 8, 2009

a short excerpt from one of my many lonely nights...

As I sit here thinking what combination of words to form to transfer my thoughts onto this screen, i feel an oddly satisfying warmth in this cold night. It's raining outside, I can hear the streams sliding down through my pane, and it soothes my patience to come up with a deep thought to record in this dark mid-night.

I am keenly observing to find an inspiration to trigger my pace- is it the silence? is it the hollow echo? is it my loneliness? or is it this single tear that has quietly made its way to my ear after flowing down my right cheek; and I know it plans to wet my pillow just like the rest of them. But none of them can potentially inspire me.

I have started to believe that the harder one tries to shuffle his/her brain for ideas,the more difficult it tends to get to reach to one. Perhaps, it is in the state of sheer unconsciousness that inventiveness strikes the best.

No comments: